- Prior to your surgery, we will verify your insurance coverage, amount of deductible and any co-payment due.
- Payment for any co-pay, deductible and specialty lens as applicable, is due on the day of surgery.
- Due to the number of insurance plans, we suggest that you contact your insurance company if you have a specific question regarding your coverage.
Forms of Payment Accepted
We accept personal checks, cash, money orders as well as all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and CareCredit. You are welcome to visit the CareCredit website at: www.carecredit.com to pre-apply for their services before your date of surgery.
- As a courtesy, we will file a claim with your insurance company for you.
- A separate bill will be submitted to your insurance company for services provided by your anesthesiologist, certified registered nurse anesthetist, pathologist and surgeon.
- You will receive separate billing statements. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Mt. Pleasant Surgery Center – Facility
- Mt. Pleasant Surgery Center Anesthesia – Anesthesiologist
- Mt. Pleasant Surgery Center Anesthesia – CRNA
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination.
- We will bill you any balance due after your insurance company has paid your claim. There may be a delay if your insurance company has paid us incorrectly and we have re-submitted your claim for a corrected payment and allowance determination.
We do ask that all balances are paid in full within 90 days. If you encounter problems paying within the 90 days, please contact our office immediately at 724-547-5432 and ask for our billing department.
Self Pay Surgery Fees
- Fees for these services will be collected prior to surgery.
- Please contact the billing department for self pay fees at 724-547-5432.
We strongly encourage you to personally contact your insurance company about your upcoming surgery. It is mandatory that YOU, as the insurance subscriber, confirm that all prior authorization information necessary to your specific policy is completed before your surgery date. You may be penalized by your insurance company if you don’t follow your policy guidelines. You must understand what your benefits cover and how this may affect you financially.