Day of Surgery
To help us meet all of our needs, please follow these guidelines
Prior to Arrival
- Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all makeup. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweat suits and easy to button shirts or blouses that are big enough to accommodate a large bandage or supportive device after surgery. Please do not wear pantyhose.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
- Bring any paperwork and x-rays that your physician has given you. Also bring all insurance cards and any payments with you to the center. See the section insurance and billing.
- A nurse will provide you with a patient gown, slippers and a bag to store your clothing in before you are escorted to the preoperative area.
- In the preoperative area, we will check your temperature, blood pressure and pulse.
- You will speak with the anesthesiologist regarding the anesthesia you will be receiving. You will have the opportunity to ask questions prior to giving your consent for the anesthesia. If the patient is under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient and sign the consent form.
- Your family will be asked to wait in the front lobby until you are in recovery. The surgeon or associate will speak with your family immediately following surgery. Your family may stay with you until discharge.